Keeping your hamster happy and healthy is an important part of owning a pet. One way to do this is by giving them the best possible hamster bedding for their cage.
Bedding is an important part of Hamster care. Hamsters like to nest and will often make a home out of their bedding. It’s natural for Hamster Bedding to get dirty, but it doesn’t have to be filthy! So how do you provide your Hamster with the best Hamster Bedding?
Hamsters spend a lot of time in the cage and that means they need to be comfortable. They sleep during the day, so having nice bedding for them to rest on is key. There are many different types of Hamster Bedding out there but not all will make your Hamster happy.
In this article, we will be discussing one such product, which is called “hamster bedding.” We will also take a look at why it’s the best option for any owner looking to make their furry friend as happy as possible.
What is Hamster Bedding, and Why Do I Need It?
Hamster bedding is something that your pet needs to have in its cage. The bedding will absorb urine and faeces so that they don’t spread around the cage.
There are many types of hamster bedding – some made from wood shavings or hay, while others are made from recycled paper products like newspaper or cardboard tubes.
Types of Hamster Bedding
There are many different types of hamster bedding available on the market. You can find a list online or in your local pet store, but here is an overview of some popular options:
- Pine shavings – these are a popular choice for hamster bedding because they are easy to clean and absorb moisture well
- Aspen wood chips – these are also a popular choice, but may not be as absorbent as pine shavings
- Paper towels or newspaper – this is an inexpensive option that can work well with other types of bedding
- Cedar chips – cedar has natural anti-bacterial properties and makes the cage smell nice; however, it’s expensive and doesn’t absorb moisture very well
- Cardboard tubes from paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls – these make great hiding spots for your hamsters in their cages
- Carefresh pet bedding pellets – these are made from recycled cellulose fibers that have been compressed into small pellet form; they’re safe to use around pets because they don’t contain any soy products
No matter what type of bedding you use for your pet hamster, it is important to change the cage’s litter as often as possible.
Preparing Bedding For Your Hamster
When it comes to adding bedding for your hamster, you want to make sure that there are no bugs or mites hiding in the materials.
To do this, place any new material into a bag and put it in the freezer for 48 hours before returning back out of the freezer after they have reached room temperature.
This process will kill all insects while ensuring safety from harmful pests when placing them in their cage.
How Often Change Hamster Bedding?
it’s usually recommended to change bedding at least once per week because hamsters often use their bedding as a toilet and wet droppings can accumulate quickly.
How Much Does Hamster Bedding Cost?
Bedding for hamsters can range in price from $5 to $20, or more.
The estimated cost of a bag is around five dollars, but the cost varies depending on how much bedding you need and what type you buy.
You might also want to consider the size of the container your hamster will be living in before purchasing bedding; smaller containers usually need less bedding than larger ones.
Where to Buy Hamster Bedding?
You can buy hamster bedding at most pet stores, large grocery stores or find it on the Amazon website.
Does Hamster Bedding Expire?
Bedding can get mouldy and dusty after a while, too. It needs to be changed every two months maximum especially if you’re using wood chips or shavings that don’t have any type of deodorizer.
Just like us humans, hamsters need clean air to breathe properly so they will also not be satisfied with old bedding in their cage!
Can Hamster Live Without Bedding?
A hamster needs bedding to provide warmth and foraging opportunities, as well as reducing cage smells. In cages without bedding, the bars themselves can be a source of comfort which mimics the feeling of being in an enclosed burrow.
Considering all these important functions, we recommend using at least some type of safe, fresh bedding material while still encouraging natural nesting behaviour with the addition of platforms and tunnels.
Top 5 Best Hamster Bedding For Your Cute Animals
Hamster Bedding is a very important part of your little friend care. Hamsters are nocturnal species and they need their sleep. They are also very clean, which means that they will not use any bedding that you provide them with if it is dirty or smelly.
Hamsters can be picky about what type of bedding material to go on top of the cage floor. Because some materials may irritate their feet. While others may get wet from urine and dry up too quickly making the hamster cold at night.
When they wake up to find themselves in an uncomfortable environment. For these reasons, it’s a great step to have the best Hamster bedding for your little buddy. Here are some of our top-rated bedding that you can pick for your hamster.
Carefresh 99% Dust-Free Natural Paper Nesting Small Pet Bedding with Odor Control
Carefresh Natural Small Pet Bedding is a great low-cost bedding option for your hamster. It’s made from recycled paper fibres that are sustainably sourced and manufactured in America, providing you with peace of mind knowing the product was produced without harming our environment or polluting the air we breathe.
This bedding is 99% Dust-Free Natural Paper Bedding is the driest and most comfortable home for small pets. In addition, It’s free of harmful chemicals and synthetic dyes, so your pet will enjoy a safe, healthy environment in which to live out its days.
With no harmful chemicals or synthetic dyes, this high-performance bedding offers superior odor control while being biodegradable and compostable for easy cleanup.
This bedding is made from 100% natural paper fibres, it’s free of harmful chemicals and synthetic dyes. The bedding absorbs 2X more moisture than shavings, making it ideal for pet owners who are concerned about their pet’s health, including those with allergies.
Carefresh 99% Dust-Free Natural Paper Bedding offers exceptional odour control that lasts weeks longer than clay cat litter. The hygienic pet bedding is easy to clean and non-toxic, which makes it a healthy option for pets of any age.
- PILLOWY SOFT – Made from ultra-soft, natural paper fiber. This makes it the perfect choice for hamsters that likes to burrow and nestle into their bedding.
- EXCEPTIONAL ODOR CONTROL – Their odor control system neutralizes odors on contact so your home stays fresh and clean.
- ULTRA-ABSORBENT – Carefresh natural paper bedding absorbs 3X its weight in liquid, keeping your hamster dry and comfortable all night long.
Kaytee Clean & Cozy White Small Animal Pet Bedding
Kaytee Clean & Cozy Small Animal Bedding is the ideal bedding for your small pet. It is made of material that meets FDA standards. Hamsters can use this bedding as a layer on top of the cage floor or line their Hamster home with it.
This pet Bedding is made from recycled paper, which makes it safe for your hamster to dig around in and burrow into during the day. With no added perfumes or deodorizers, Kaytee Clean & Cozy Small Animal Pet Bedding is safe for use around hamsters, gerbils and other small pets.
Kaytee Clean & Cozy Small Animal Pet Bedding is a 99.9% dust-free, highly absorbent bedding. Therefore, it provides your small pet with the cleanest and cosiest environment possible. This soft, fluffy bedding absorbs 6 times its own weight in liquid to keep your pet dry and comfortable for hours of playtime or restful sleep.
This bedding is more than just your average hamster paper. It’s softer and fluffier, giving you the best of both worlds when it comes to softness and absorbency. If you want a whole new standard in hamster bedding, we recommend Kaytee Clean & Cozy for all of your needs.
- 99.9% DUST FREE – Kaytee Clean & Cozy is 99.9% dust-free, so it’s perfect for your hamster and your family. It’s also ideal for those with allergies or asthma because it helps keep the air clean and clear.
- MORE ABSORBENT – Kaytee Clean & Cozy absorbs two times more liquid than wood shavings, making it the super-soft bedding that gives you a whole new standard in absorbency.
- LONG RECYCLED FIBER STRANDS – Their exclusive blend of recycled fibers is longer than other brands’ strands, giving hamsters a softer feel while encouraging them to burrow or nestle into their bedding.
Living World Wood Aspen Shavings
Living World Wood Aspen Shavings are a natural alternative to the traditional pine shavings bedding. Made from 100% pure aspen wood, these shavings have been kiln dried and sterilized.
They are dust-free and do not produce any unpleasant odors. The soft texture also ideal for small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, and ferrets to burrow in.
Living World Wood Aspen Shavings can be used with other types of bedding or alone for a simple but effective solution to your hamster.
- 100-PERCENT NATURAL – Their shavings are 100-percent natural aspen wood.
- HIGHLY ABSORBENT – Absorb up to four times its weight in moisture, keeping your hamster dry and comfortable.
- HIGHEST QUALITY – Living World brand products are made with only the finest ingredients available. Their products also come with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
Petspick Uber Soft Paper Pet Bedding
Petspick Uber Soft Paper Pet Bedding is a premium, soft and absorbent pet bedding that is made of 100% recycled paper. It provides the ideal environment for your pets to sleep on.
This eco-friendly product has been processed with an advanced technology that makes it highly absorbent and helps control moisture. The high-quality material also makes it very soft and comfortable for your hamster to sleep on.
- 14-DAYS ODOR CONTROL – Petspick Uber Soft Paper Pet Bedding is a premium, all-natural paper bedding that provides 14 days of odor control.
- ZERO CHEMICAL ADDITIVES – Made with zero chemical additives, so you can be sure your hamster is safe when they’re sleeping on it. This makes it the perfect choice for those with sensitive or allergic pets.
- ABSORBS UP TO 6X ITS WEIGHT – Unlike other brands, their paper pet bedding absorbs up to 6x its weight. This means fewer messes and more convenience for you.
Arm & Hammer Natural Paper Bedding
Arm & Hammer Natural Paper Bedding is made from 100% recycled paper, and it’s a great choice for keeping your hamster’s cage clean. Made with Arm & Hammer baking soda, the bedding neutralizes odors on contact, so you won’t have to change the bedding as often.
It absorbs moisture and helps keep your hamster dry and comfortable. This eco-friendly bedding is also biodegradable, making it an ideal choice for pet owners who want to help protect the environment.
Arm & Hammer for Pets Natural Paper Bedding is the perfect choice for your pet. This paper bedding is made to absorb moisture, odour and liquids effectively, while also being dust-free. It lasts longer than wood shavings and other types of bedding. So you can enjoy a fresh-smelling home with minimal effort.
This hamster bedding is a super-lightweight texture that makes cleaning easier too! The baking soda helps neutralize odours on contact. So you’ll never have to worry about an unpleasant smell in your house again. It absorbs 6 to 8 times its weight in liquid and controls ammonia odour-causing agents.
- HEAVY-DUTY – Their bedding is designed to be heavy-duty, so you can use less of it to keep your pet’s cage clean. It absorbs more than other types of bedding, making it ideal for hamsters that love digging in their litter box.
- BAKING SODA TECHNOLOGY – The baking soda in their bedding helps neutralize odors and adds a fresh scent to the area around the cage. It also helps absorb moisture and prevent mold growth.
- ACTIVATED CARBON – Arm & Hammer Natural Paper Bedding contains activated carbon, which helps remove unwanted odors from your hamster’s habitat by absorbing them into the carbon granules instead of letting them linger in the air around.
Small Pet Select Unbleached White Paper Bedding is made from unbleached paper fibre, which is 99% dust-free. The soft paper bedding absorbs moisture and odour quickly to keep your pet’s environment clean and healthy.
This bedding also makes it easier to spot “used” litter and clean up only messy areas. The hamster Bedding is made with no chemicals or synthetic dyes, it’s completely natural and safe for your small pet. This Unbleached White Paper Hamster Bedding is ideal for all small pets, including hamsters. It provides the perfect home for your small pet.
This environment-friendly bedding absorbs moisture twice as fast as other types of substrate to keep odours at bay. This will prevent bacterial growth that can cause illnesses in pets. Hamsters can burrow and tunnel through this Hamster Bedding, giving them the opportunity to express their natural behaviours.
Unscented and 99% dust-free, the pet bedding is easy to clean and non-toxic. The environment Hamster Bedding can be used with any small animal or bird that likes living in a soft substrate layer.
Ferplast Culcus Hamster FPU 4630 is natural bedding made of compressed wheat straw. It absorbs 6 times its weight and it has an odour-free home. Perfect for heavy-duty use, this bedding is completely safe and environmentally friendly.
This Natural bedding is free of toxins. Suitable to be used both as a bed and a hiding place. It is suitable to be used both as a bed and a hiding place.
The Ferplast is made of natural fibres and super-light, so it’s easy to clean up after your animal has used it. The Hamster Bedding is dust-free and has no added chemicals, making it safe for your small pet.
Hamster bedding is one of the most important things you can buy for your hamster. It provides a safe and comfortable environment for your Hamster, while also being easy to clean up.
We think that it’s worth investing in high-quality, long-lasting bedding because it will keep your pet safe and comfortable which will make them happier overall.
Hamsters are very picky about their habitat and will let you know if they’re not comfortable with how things look or feel by either refusing food or becoming aggressive.